Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Birthdays at Work


My morning had started out rough. My elbow was hurting from an ongoing problem, but despite, I was sitting at my desk working when my Office Manager walked up and said, “Jenny, come here for a minute”. I felt faintly nervous walking into her office, but she wasn’t there. I looked behind me in confusion when my co-worker, said, “She’s in here” (referring to the conference room). Maureen walked through the door in front of me and when I walked in, the whole office (5 people that day) began in on “The Birthday Song”.

They had all signed a card and had a cake ready. My day really brightened up after that and I started wondering how many people celebrate birthdays in the workplace (it was the first for me). For me it was a warm feeling, but I wondered if anyone ever felt imposed on if put in that situation.

As I was researching ‘birthdays at work’ on Google, I came across many unique and interesting ways to celebrate birthdays at work. I also came across The Purse Forum. I found many differing opinions; some enjoyed the closeness in the office while others didn’t want to be reminded that they were another year older. But overall, in my opinion after reading the forum, people enjoy celebrating birthdays in the workplace.

I also found a neat site called PaulSadowski.com that allows you to type in your birth date and it gives you so much information about your birthday. Just for a few examples: Celebrities who share your birthday; how many seconds old you are; and the top songs in the year you were born. Check it out! PaulSadowski.com

1 comment:

Candi McGriff said...

Happy belated birthday Jenny! I hope you had a great one. Yeah I used to enjoy surprising co-workers when I was the office manager, it truly brightens your day.


Search Engine Placement
Copyright © 2008 Dominion Enterprises. All Rights Reserved. This document is strictly for informational, non-commercial purposes.