Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Is There Another Way to Find My Next Job?

Employers are making it easier to find new jobs, even careers!

Everywhere you look you see advertisements for job fairs telling you to show up at a specific location, at a specific time and date. Bring plenty of resumes, dress for success, no strollers, no children. Then you have to juggle your work schedule from the dead end job you are trying to get away from in order to make the job fair. Oh, don’t forget the rising gas prices!

Sometimes job seekers are forced to ask themselves these questions, what if I can’t find a babysitter, or I’m scheduled to work during a job fair, or worse yet, because I don’t have a job, I can’t afford the gas to get to the job fair? What other options do I have? Are there even any options?

Actually, there is another option! VIRTUAL JOB FAIRS – The latest and greatest way to find your next career!

Virtual job fairs (VJFs) are great, because you can see who’s hiring, wherever you may be, all you need is a laptop or a pc, and as we know these days, even an iPhone will work. The majority of us have jobs and we don’t have the time to appear in person. With VJFs you can sit back from the comforts of your home (or at your desk at work) and search for jobs that fit your criteria! You can do research on companies you are interested in before applying to them. How great is that? I can sit in front of my computer and I can find jobs that apply to me instead of having to drive across town to only find a couple of companies that might be a potential fit for me, and with the traffic jams on I-95 and I-595, who can afford to go through this?!

South Florida Employment Guide has a VJF coming soon, check back for more information on Employers currently hiring for full time and part time positions in your area, from May 19th thru June st

Check out some virtual job fairs that are going on now or in the near future!
Click here to view current and upcoming Virtual Job Fairs

"Ghost Writer" Picture by: Ian Grainger
Written by: The Employment Guide

No comments:


Search Engine Placement
Copyright © 2008 Dominion Enterprises. All Rights Reserved. This document is strictly for informational, non-commercial purposes.