Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Interview is over, now what?

Immediately following the interview, it's the little things that make the difference, and this is never more true than when it comes to following up after your interview. Take this checklist to heart and set yourself apart from other applicants applying for the same position.

  • Did I acquire the correct names, spellings, and titles of all the people I interviewed with?
  • At the conclusion of the interview, did I ask the employer what the time frame is for making a hiring decision?
  • Did I re-connect with the employer via a written letter, e-mail, or voice mail within 24 hours of the interview to reiterate my enthusiasm for the position?
  • Did I double check my written thank you letter or e-mail for errors before sending?
  • Did I alert my references that they might be getting a call from a potential future employer?
  • Did I complete any tasks or assignments I was asked to do at the conclusion of the first interview to prepare for the second interview?
Moving Forward

  • Did I follow up shortly after the defined time frame to ask about the position if I did not hear from the employer?
  • Do I realize that sometimes the hiring decision takes longer than expected? Although I do want to follow up, I don't want to become annoying to the employer.
  • Have I continued to interview for other positions, recognizing that it is not wise to put all of my eggs in one job basket?
  • Have I used other job offers as leverage when following up with potential employers?
  • Have I left myself open to future opportunities with an employer who does not want to hire me at this time?
Survival Tactic #4 from the Job Seekers Survival Guide 2008


1 comment:

Mehreen Kashif said...

Hi Author
You are doing great job, Please keep posting, I would like to hear more from you.
Online Jobs


Search Engine Placement
Copyright © 2008 Dominion Enterprises. All Rights Reserved. This document is strictly for informational, non-commercial purposes.